The First Officer (Co-Pilot) works hand in hand with the Line Captain to ensure the safety, security, and proper conduct of flights. He/she deputizes the Captain.
- During flight shall be aware of the Pilot in Command’s intentions and monitor the conduct of the flight at all times.
- When not flying, the Co-pilot shall immediately advise the Pilot in Command of any deviation from the normal flight operating profile.
- Shall be directly responsible to the Pilot in Command and do whatever duties are assigned to him by the Pilot in Command.
- Shall be responsible as part of the flying team to ensure that the flight is conducted efficiently and safely.
- Judgment and decision-making skills.
- Customer-focused and hospitable.
- Cool, pleasant and approachable personality.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, experience)
- Hold a valid Commercial Pilot License with multiple engine ratings.
- At least 2500 hours total inclusive of 1500 on Jet.
- Medical Class 1.
- No Accident or Incident record. No criminal record.
- English language proficiency level 4 minimum.
- Individual assessment for satisfactory ability will be carried out as part of the interview process.
- Airbus experience of 500 hours, last flight within the last 12 months are an added advantage.
- Willingness to relocate and be based in Uganda.