The Captain will be designated for each flight under the Uganda Airlines Operations. The Captain will be in charge of the safety, security, and conduct of flight while on duty and supervise all actions and activities of other crew members who work on that flight.
- Have authority for the overall management of the entire flight, ensuring the safety and security of the Aircraft and persons on board.
- Ensure that all operational procedures and checklists are complied with in accordance with the Operations Manual.
- Ensure that, during flight operations, the entire crew adheres to flight duty limitations.
- Transportation of any parcels must be in accordance with safety and security procedures.
- He maintains good CRM, encourages teamwork, and ensures that his crew members receive all information essential for the performance of their tasks.
- Strong team management and customer service orientation and understanding.
- Ability to understand and work across cultural differences and barriers.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, experience)
- Hold a valid ATPL and IR.
- 6000 hours flying experience of which 4000 hours as pilot-in-command on Jets above 55 tons.
- Hold a Class 1 Medical.
- No Accident or Incident record.
- No criminal record.
- English language proficiency level 4 minimum.
- Individual assessments for satisfactory command ability will be carried out as part of the interview process.
- TRI/TRE authorization on Airbus family and being a member of an aviation professional body is an added advantage.
- Willingness to relocate and be based in Uganda